Theres nothing I love more than a good fashion doc. Whether or not you love fashion, I can guarantee you that you will be inspired after watching one. Sometimes when I'm bored or need to do some busy work like organizing or cleaning my room, I'll scour the internet for one just to have in the background. The fashion world not only encapsulates the creative side but the analytical side as well, so regardless you'll be able to find something in a fashion doc to hold onto.
If you happen to be bored, check out one of my top 5 favorite fashion docs! You wont be disappointed I promise you.
- IRIS: Dive into the crazy world of a flamboyantly dressed 93 year old, Iris Apfel. She 100% dresses better than you and thats 100% okay.
- DIOR AND I: See what it's like to not only be the one and only Raf Simmons, dashion designer and creative director, as he takes on the creative director role for Dior during haute couture time (it gets crazy.) Theres also a point where he compares himself to Mr.Dior himself and you simultaneously laugh out loud while rolling your eyes but also agree immediately after because Raf is that good.
- BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK: Love street style, and more specifically street style photography? Meet the man who's been capturing it for years. Cunningham is weird and eccentric but also amazing and talented so it all makes sense.
- MADEMOISELLE C: Meet former Vogue Paris editor-in-chief and fashion stylist Carine Roitfeld and follow her as she moves to New York to launch her own magazine. Roitfeld is kind of like the end all be all of fashion. Shes that woman, and you'll instantly get inspired after watching this.
- SCATTER MY ASHES AT BERGDORF'S: Take a look at the ICONIC Manhattan department store and the insane designers they've carried throughout the years. I saw this when it first came out and I was SO in love with it. A MUST see!
*ALL FILMS ARE CURRENTLY STREAMING ON NETFLIX*